Thursday 13 February 2014

Brand focus: Drink Me Chai



I am a hot drink fiend. I wouldn’t make past midday without having had a coffee in the morning and I drink tea like my life depends on it. Before bed, I avoid tea and coffee simply because of the caffeine, so sometimes opt for hot chocolate or just a glass of milk, until I recently discovered my new favourite bedtime drink; chai latte. Having only ever had chai latte in coffee shops, it had never even occurred to me that I could make it at home. The brand ‘Drink Me Chai’ offer a wide range of ‘just add hot water’ powdered latte mixes in a variety of flavours including; vanilla, green tea and mango.

The brand itself was the brain child of Amanda Hamilton who thought up the idea when visiting an Indian market where they sold spiced, sweetened tea. After selling her tea on her own market stall and making a few tweeks to the recipe, Drink Me Chai is now the top instant Chai product in the UK. On their website you will find a number of chai based demos and recipes including spiced chai, honey and yoghurt muffins which I have to try! Did I mention how lovely their packaging is?

The first flavour I purchased was vanilla, and despite not loving really vanilla-ry flavoured things I loved this drink! I found I liked it most with a drop or two of milk in it, as well as a smidge of cinnamon flavoured Monin coffee syrup. Seeing as I was adding the cinnamon flavour to the drink, next I decided to try the spiced flavour and although, yes, it was more fragrant and still delicious, I actually preferred my own vanilla-cinnamon concoction. Seeing as I liked these two flavours so much, I can’t wait to get my hands on the other flavours to give them a try. Their website says they have a chocolate one too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment