Monday 21 December 2015

Meatcure - Leamington Spa

When Leamington Spa's very own fuss-free burger joint opened its doors last month, I knew I had to give it a go. So, without further a do, cue obligatory burger post...


There is no denying that Leamington is brimming with yummy mummy cafes and trendy pubs, but the one thing I have noticed it was lacking is it's own burger place.

Enter Meatcure. First opened in Leicester and now located on none other than my very own road (hashtag blessed...), this place is exactly what Leamington has been missing.


Now we all know how much I love London's Meat Liquor and Bournemouth's 7Bone, so you can only imagine my reaction when I heard this place was opening just in time for my return home from uni - Christmas come early!


Louis and I ventured for a speedy but laid-back dinner before going to see the new Star Wars film last night and we were pretty pleased with both the burger and the film.


We started off with our fave craft ale, Camden hells, followed by 2 burgers in brioche buns served with chips and a portion of beer battered onion rings to share.


I ordered 'smokey and the bandit'; a beef patty with the addition of cheese, lettuce (minus a tomato of course), smoked streaky bacon, house mayo, mother sauce and caramelised onions. Louis had a 'raging bull' - same as the above, but chorizo instead of bacon.


Both burgers were delish. Oozing patties slathered with melty classic burger cheese and perfectly crispy bacon, all encased in a glossy brioche bun. The onion rings were delicious but a little too greasy for me! The chips were skinny and crisp, exactly how they should be.

Deliciously fresh but filthyly tasty burgers right on my doorstep - what more could a girl want?


No comments:

Post a Comment