Saturday 5 July 2014

Change is good!

So, a number of really exciting things have happened in my life recently. The biggest change of all is that I am now living in London! The other big change is what bought me here, a job with The Walt Disney Company. For the next year, I will be working with the FMCG team doing food product development whilst I am on placement as part of my University course.

Anyone who has gone through the trials and tribulations of placement searching knows that it's not easy. Psychometric testing, application forms, assessment days, phone interviews, face to face interviews, group interviews - I was on the verge of giving up when I applied for the job at Disney, but I am so glad I didn't.

Working at Disney has already been one of the most exciting experiences of my life. Without sounding extremely cheesy, everyday there is magical. Everyone is so friendly, the offices are incredible, and not to mention I met Mickey and Minnie the other day! I have already been given a tremendous amount of responsibility, a great deal of creative freedom and most importantly I have a job which revolves around food - everything I wanted from a placement and much more.

Having lived just outside London for the majority of my life and often visiting my dad in London, I have had some exposure to what the city has to offer in the way of food. Whether it's markets, restaurants, street food or pubs, London has it all, and I can't wait to share my foodie experiences over the next year on my blog.

(For now, enjoy this picture of me with Mickey and Minnie, looking far more excited than a 20 year old should)






1 comment: