Wednesday 8 April 2015

Burger & Lobster

When I first moved here, I started keeping a list of all of the places I wanted to eat in London. Thanks to the influence of Time Out, the food envy of fellow bloggers and mouth-watering meals posted on Instagram, this list has got pretty extensive. I can tell you that it now stands at a grand total of 35. Sadly I have only made it to around a third of my foodie conquests (although probably a good thing for my waistline and bank balance...)

Now that my time in London is nearing the end, my boyfriend and I headed to the home of some of the most Instagrammed lobster rolls in existence - Burger & Lobster. Tucked away behind the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street is the raved about restaurant with a drinks menu almost 10 times as big as it's food menu. You may know that Burger & Lobster has only 3 items on it's food menu, and quelle surprise, 1 is a burger and the other 2 are lobster.



We started with a beer each; mine a light Japanese beer and Louis a stronger Brooklyn lager. For mains, I had the lobster roll and Louis had the burger (which are both served with chips and salad). The lobster roll was my first ever experience of lobster and boy was it a good one. Served in a toasted brioche roll, the lobster meat was mixed with a deliciously zingy Japanese mayo, topped with chives and served alongside the most indulgent of garlic sauces. Louis also thoroughly enjoyed his burger - thumbs up all round.




The restaurant has a no nonsense good grub vibe with semi-industrial interior and dark wood furniture. When you walk in there is a wall of lobsters in tanks, apparently some worth up to £200!




Although the food was lovely, £20 per main seems slightly steep. It was a really enjoyable experience and I will be sure to have lobster again. But for now; to start making my way through the remaining 11 on my list before June...

No comments:

Post a Comment