Sunday 26 April 2015

Señor Ceviche - Soho

Kingley Court is quickly becoming my favourite place to dine in London. This amazing little multi-storey square tucked behind Carnaby Street is home to a number of my top London restaurants; Stax Diner, The Rum Kitchen, Pizza Pilgrims and a more recent favourite - Señor Ceviche.


With it's luminous green exterior, it's hard to miss this Peruvian gem. Serving amazing South American inspired dishes alongside some more unfamiliar cocktails, this place does laid back Peruvian eating exceptionally well.


My Mum and I visited Señor Ceviche last week in search for a different kind of dinner. The restaurant is quite small, but open plan, with a view straight into the kitchen where you can see your food being made fresh in front of you. The interior is stylish and bright - with walls plastered with neon posters, wooden furniture painted bright colours and festoon lights draped across the ceiling.


We both started off with a Cusquena beer - light but full of flavour, thumbs up from us both.


What I really like about Señor Ceviche is the menu. Quite limited but it still has an excellent variety of small tapas style dishes. The thing I love most about small plate dining is that you get to try a little bit of everything. We chose: chilli corn to nibble on, followed by, tempura mixed fish, spicy chargrilled chicken and Peruvian fries. The chilli corn was something I had never tried, but was really delicious and very morish. The deep fried fish consisted of baby squid, cod and prawns served alongside a spicy jalapeno mayonnaise - it was amazing. The batter was so light and not at all greasy and the jalapeno dip was the perfect accompaniment. The 'super chicken' seemed really understated on the menu, but was deliciously crispy, tender chicken with a kick. It was topped with fresh spring onions and peashots alongside another zingy mayo. The 'patatas fritas with huancaina and tomato fondue' (chips topped with a puréed tomato and melted cheese to you and me) were a delicious Peruvian take on the slightly less glamorous cheesy chips.





Señor Ceviche has a really fun, relaxed South American vibe and the food they serve is so deliciously excellent. The waitress was kind enough to give me a keyring entitling me to 15% off my next visit - I'll be back before you can say 'Jalapeno'!

No comments:

Post a Comment